As a mom from Miami, FL this is one of the most traditional and nutrient-packed meals prepared for babies. It is a complete meal filled with protein, carbs, veggies, and fruit. So healthy and so delicious! Here’s how to make it……
1 ½ cup kidney beans
1 cup chopped butternut squash
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup spinach
1 cup chopped plantain
1 cup chopped malanaga
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped green pepper
2 cloves diced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cups water
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp cumin
2 bay leaves
1 tsp paprika
1. Saute green pepper, onion, and garlic until tender.
2. Add water, kidney beans, butternut squash, carrots, spinach, plantain, malanga, and optional seasoning to a large stovetop pot or pressure cooker pot.
3. On the stovetop, cook on medium heat for about 60 minutes or until beans are tender.
4. In the pressure cooker, cook on high pressure for 40 minutes or until beans are tender.
5. Serve according to your baby's readiness.
You may also choose to cook ingredients individually and later combine. This practice often helps to ensure that ingredients are available for other food combinations in the future.
The choice is yours! Enjoy everyone!